Tuesday, April 3, 2012

I received the packet of various teaching materials and ideas that our professor wants us to look over for Taiwan. I open it and the first activity made me laugh out loud. Maybe this is more of an inside joke for my family, but I'm sharing it nonetheless. The activity is intended, in the English learning world, for practicing asking questions.This is the first time I've ever thought to use it in an educational setting. I used it for a Christmas party and, according to my friend A.J., it is a drinking game called "Celebrity."

Now, I don't really know a name for the non-drinking, classroom appropriate version of this game so instead I'll just explain it. You write the name of many different famous or well-known individuals on small pieces of paper and tape it to each participant's back. Then, you wander about asking questions about your person in hopes to determine their identity. Or, as my family tweaked it because we're rather easily distracted, we have one person do it at a time. Then, everyone can appreciate the ridiculousness that ensues. We also make it more personal, including people who are a part of our lives. So, here's a shout out to the Boettchers!

Speaking of the Boettchers, I'm excited beyond belief to see them this weekend for Easter. So much hilarity and adventure will occur. I also plan on eating my body weight in various forms of hard boiled eggs, which I have recently developed a strange affection for.

No comments:

Post a Comment