Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Germany Day #1

We're in Germany! We flew through the night, with a stop in Iceland, to Frankfurt. We landed at 12ish their time which was 7 am our time and now as I write this its midnight. Talk about a long day on little sleep. After a snafoo at the airport with getting a car that set us behind, we were able to see a good amount of Frankfurt. I recognized a lot of it from when I was here 4 years ago.

We would honestly be completely lost without the Grehls. They are the family I stayed with when I was here. Their son, Peter, who is Brad's age was my primary host. I went to school with him and such. Back to the point, they have helped so much since we don't know any German. They pretty much planned our first week here and what we need to see. It was so good to see them at our gate! Peter is great and his friend Sandra is as well. Stefi, their daughter, is a delight.

What I learned today: Mothers in all countries worry too much.

I apologize if this is a bit scatterbrained as I'm exhausted. Hopefully tomorrow I'll have a bit more time. Tschuess!

No comments:

Post a Comment