Friday, July 6, 2012

Hi friends!!!

I have safely arrived in Taipei, Taiwan. The flights went well and I have zero complaints! I'm staying in a dorm with three other lovely ladies. The room is about the size of any University of Wisconsin school dorm room, except we have four people. Our bunks are on top of the desk and closet, but best of all THERE'S AIR CONDITIONING!!! Only from the hours of noon til two and eight pm til six am, but if we keep the fan on and lights off it stays pretty cool.

Woke up early this morning because some of us couldn't sleep very well and we went for a walk along the river and about the city at 7 in the morning. There was a little market that had clothes and all sorts of food, such as fish fried whole, raw meat, and dead chickens with their heads still on. Is it weird that I'm even more excited to try the food now? Probably because I'm starving.

Creature Sightings: One spider in the hallway which I promptly smushed (I know they eat bugs but they freak me out), Ants crawling all over the desk, and two lizards.

We were discussing airport security in our room and that we thought Japan seemed rather lax. My bag got scanned twice but my roommate said it's "because out of us four, you're the one who looks the most like you would have a drug dealer boyfriend." She was dead serious. Um. Thank you? Hahahaha

Mom and Dad, this is your friendly reminded to check Steve Jobs the Hamster's water levels and feed Penelope Jones the fish. Thank you!


Well time to head out for brunch with the group, bye!


P.S. Hopefully the documentation of this trip goes better than Germany, Switzerland and Austria's did :)

No comments:

Post a Comment